CATS – Computer Aided Textile Supervision
CATS is the Datatex solution to minimize inspection costs, while enhancing the production value.
Looking at the textile production cycle, mills are continuously improving the efficiency of weaving cloth, thanks to organization and loom technology improvements. On the other hand, the output of the looms must always be controlled, to ensure the required fabric quality and to identify production problems. Inspection, being labor intensive, is costly and often its effectiveness needs to be improved.
CATS main objectives
- Improve inspectors productivity and efficiency
- Optimize the value of the produced fabric
- Report timely information on faults in production
The CATS workstations, installed at each inspection or cutting table, are PCs, stand-alone or connected in a network, with an encoder to measure fabric length and fault locations.
- Cut optimization to improve 1st quality and reduce waste.
- Length Measurement: Interfaces to any kind of encoders are available, thanks severals standards and open DLL interfaces.
- Quality Calculation: The quality is continuously calculated with user defined rules. It is displayed as a value, with reason and a dynamic colour coded graphical fault bar.
- Different Work Modes: Batch/Roll, Batch/Batch, Roll/Roll, etc.
- Defects Recording: Defects and events are recorded in the fault map, to be used for quality and bonus calculation with the further option of statistical data mining.
- Point and Bonus System: Depending on the setup, the program can run both systems, only one or none
CATS enhances production value
A specific dynamic function optimizes the cutting of the roll, with the goal of providing maximum first quality production, according to the customer’s policy. The CATS optimization module has proven to be a well designed algorithm.
CATS measured results in customers’ plants have shown an improvement on 1st quality products from 69 to 75 in one instance and from 95.8 to 96.5 in another, comparing the output of skilled operators’ inspection on the same lots.
Visit Datatex Automation site www.datatex.de