MCM - Machine Capacity Management
The goal of Datatex MCM is to support the best utilization of the capacity of a company’s plants, in order to avoid under- and/or over-utilized resources or unfulfilled customers.
Datatex MCM is a flexible graphical tool supporting single users for single facilities, or multiple departmental users for single/multiple facilities. Moreover, the Planner, if empowered, can change the Production Schedule with a specific tool.
Datatex MCM’s Objectives
MCM support the answer to the following questions:
- Where are my capacity exceptions?
- Where are my material exceptions?
- Where are my delivery date problems?
- What is the best delivery date?
- Is it possible to accept that order for that date?
Datatex MCM Capabilities
MCM is a finite/infinite planning graphic tool, which helps the planner organizing all production.
- Machines capacity and compatibility
- Materials (Stock, supplier orders, WorkInProgress, etc.)
- Production constrains (Tools, human resources etc.)
- Requested delivery dates
Datatex MCM competitive advantages
- Designed for textile industry. It considers constraints and best-practices of the sector
- Automatic scheduling and balancing of demands
- Bottleneck detection in case of infinite capacity scheduling
- Configurable according to the company’s needs and the textile industry typology
Datatex MCM functions
- MCM places production requests on the planning board, according to pre-defined rules (Request date, compatibility between product and resource, etc)
- A queue of the requests is sorted by user definable priorities.
- The supported planning methods are “starting date” (earliest date – improvement of production efficiency) or “delivery date” (latest dates – stock reduction and WIP improvement), at finite capacity or at infinite capacity
- Infinite capacity rule is to release a bottle neck by increasing capacity or moving to alternative Work Centre
- Finite capacity rule is to delay steps, when and if needed.
Datatex MCM Additional Capabilities
The planner can:
- Increase the capacity of a Work Centre for a certain period
- Decrease the capacity of a Work Centre for a certain period
- Switch Finite/infinite capacity method
- Change Work center
- Modify Calendar.
Datatex MCM Order Acceptance
With the function it is possible to check if a certain order can be accepted for a requested date and if not, what is the “best possible” delivery date based on the capacity availability.